Friday, July 4, 2008

blog title search SEO study

Here's a search engine optimization (SEO) study on the title of this blog. I titled my new blog Pluperfecter because it's a word that had zero hits when I Googled it, and because "pluperfect" is relevant to my blogging goals.

Pluperfecter blog published its first post on May 1, 2008.

I have noticed that sometimes Google displays a new link within minutes after it occurs. In other words, I can post content to the web, with my URL embedded in my signature or with the title Pluperfecter in the URL, and do a Google search shortly thereafter and see that link on the SERP.

How can this information I'm providing you be of benefit to your business or client? I don't want to say too much. You can figure out plenty of applications, I'm sure.

"Pluperfect" is a legitimate word. But"pluperfecter" is an original twist, so I can own this keyword, and use it as a branding tool. It also makes it easy to track who's linking to this blog, since virtually any use of the keyword "pluperfecter" will be a reference to this blog, and to nothing else.

Social media has tremendous SEO power. You can boost a company or product's search engine ranking by blogging and Twittering links to their website or product page. Google gives special prominence to Blogger/Blogspot blogs and social networking sites.

Let's look at the SERPs (search engine results pages) of a search on Pluperfecter. Notice the weight given by Google to the social networks like Blogger, Identi.ca, Plurk, Jaiku, Ustream, etc.


Here are the websites with links relative to my Pluperfecter blog, in the order found on the SERPs (To save time, I won't give the entire URLs which can be lengthy, but you can do your own Google search to get the exact links.)

These are blog posts, blog comments, and micro-blog messages made by me and by others linking to me, plus some feeds.


1. pluperfecter.blogspot.com

2. identi.ca/pluperfecter

3. fuzz.com/blip/user/Pluperfecter

4. ustream.tv/pluperfecter

5. plurk.com/user/pluperfecter

6. friendfeed.com

7. vaspers.jaiku.com

8. anodyne2art.com

9. getsatisfaction.com/people/pluperfecter

10. youtube.com

11. nabble.com

12. doshdosh.com

13. butlersheetmetal.com/tinbasherblog

14. chartreuse.wordpress.com

15. twitter.com/vaspersthegrate

16. pundit.blogpeoria.com

17. johnmichaeltalbot.com/guest.asp

18. nakedpr.com

19. polizeros.com

20. feeds.technorati.com

21. techcrunch.com

22. thegoat.fuzz.com

23. mynewblog.net

24. redcouch.typepad.com

25. blogs.law.harvard.edu

26. occamsrazr.com

27. viralvideochart.com

28. roblimo.com

29. simonleung.com/blog

30. mybloglog.com/buzz


Again, these are the unique websites, in order of appearance on the SERPs, not the direct links to specific pages. To find the exact references, just Google the word Pluperfecter.

No comments: